AFRICA - Kabompo In Blackout...Break Down of Three Council Power Generatorsgreenspun.com : LUSENET : Grassroots Information Coordination Center (GICC) : One Thread
[Fair use for education and research purpose only]
Title: Kabompo In Blackout Source: Africa News Service
Story Filed: Thursday, April 06, 2000 9:15 PM EST
Lusaka (Post of Zambia, April 6, 2000) - Operations in Kabo-mpo district have ground to a halt following the breaking down of three council power generators. Kabompo West independent member of parliament Daniel Kalenga on Tuesday said the district hospital was the most affected.
"The hospital is now forced to dispose corpses earlier than the normal burying time to avoid them decomposing. But we are working hard to ensure a solution is found as soon as possible," he said.
"Ive so far contacted the ZESCO regional manager in Solwezi so that he can send the necessary replacements immediately."
Council chairman Herbert Chinyanga said the generators had outlived their life span having been bought in 1986.
He said the voltage supplied could no longer satisfactorily supply the growing population in the area.
Copyright ) 2000 Post of Zambia. Distributed via Africa News Online.
-- (Dee360Degree@aol.com), April 06, 2000