FYI (property release info) : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

If you shoot photographs of private property, and you want to use these photographs for commercial purposes, (I assume this takes in fine art, too), secure a property release from the owner of the property. If in doubt, check it out. The Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts is a non profit, tax exempt, organization based in New York City, dedicated to providing all artists, including photographers, with sound legal advise. Call the VLA Art Law Line at (212)319-2910, Monday-Friday, 9:30-4:30 e.s.t., or write to: Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, 1 E. 53rd. St., 6th floor, New York, N Y 10022.

-- Raven (, April 01, 2000


Now this is great information!

I had heard about this group years ago and somehow forgotten about them. Thank you very much for reminding me.

-- Brian Yarvin (, April 01, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ