Some General Questions On S-Mart...greenspun.com : LUSENET : S-Mart Shopping Cart : One Thread
Hey there guys, I am generally new to S-Mart. I have seen it a long time ago, but have decided to use it now :-).
I have soem questions that I would love for any responses. So here goes:
1. If I am a web designer, and I am designing a website for someone and they need a shopping cart, can I give them the program and program it to their needs? Is that OK?
2. How can I get it so that the items come up in ALPHABETICAL order? For example, if I input 'Zoe's Shoes' first, then 'Jack's JockStrap' after, Jack's Jockstrap will be first on the list, assuming these 2 items were my inventory. This is the most important thing I need to be done, please try to help me out on this.
3. How do I password protect the admin page? Like how Barry Robison does it on his page, making that we have to type a password in a field to gain access to the admin. I don't want to use .htaccess (my clients lack computer knowledge), however, I think that naming the admin file differently is everyones best bet. Assuming that the CGI bin is not accessable to the visitors.
4. I am not recieving email for orders. I checked the entire script, and everything is fine, maybe I need a little more checking, if nothing works from there, I'll contact you guys back :-)
Thank you so much guys, please try to help on my ALPHABETICAL order problem. Also, Great Script Barry, It really is one fantastic piece of work, hope to hear from someone soon :-)
-- NeoMoon (firstname.lastname@example.org), March 14, 2000
2. How can I get it so that the items come up in ALPHABETICAL order? For example, if I input 'Zoe's Shoes' first,then 'Jack's JockStrap' after, Jack's Jockstrap will be first on the list, assuming these 2 items were my inventory. This is the most important thing I need to be done, please try to help me out on this.
Well I Can Only Tell You How I Take Care Of This Problem, Although Someone may have created a mod for it by now... I Have been Doing It This way for at least 3 years though... D-load your data.db file... Take it into word. add the first part of the word In this Case "Jack" before it's #, When you have done this to all items copy and paste it into a database, Sort and it's all done. THEN copy it backto word. Save to TEXT.. Make Sure It's TEXT Upload it and your all done!
Good Luck Greg
-- greg (email@example.com), March 14, 2000.
Thanks Greg for the input. Thats not a bad idea, but that would only be good for simple pages, with a small inventory.
THe type I am dealing with is a webpage whose inventory changes every 2 days, and a massive change, not just one or two items. What I need is that when I input the item, it Automatically sorts it in the shopping list by its name.
Does anybody know how to do this? It would help me out a lot, thanks :)
-- NeoMoon (firstname.lastname@example.org), March 14, 2000.