Computer Glitches Minor on Leap Daygreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
- On Tuesday, lines grew at Washington's
Reagan National Airport as the extra day
confused a curbside computer system used by
skycaps. Passengers had to use regular
check-in stations until the skycap system
could properly recognize Feb. 29.
- Some Caller ID and paging devices
displayed March 1
- glitches were reported with inventory
computers at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska
- Montreal's tax system had trouble with a
program that calculates interest rates on
overdue tax bills
- A computer in the Netherlands could not
transmit weather information to the media
- merchants in New Zealand had trouble
verifying banking transactions
- Singapore subway system rejected some riders'
- Passport agency computers in Greece and
Bulgaria issued passports with incorrect dates
- At Japan's Meteorological Agency, weather
monitoring stations reported double-digit
rainfall even though no rain fell
- 1,200 automated teller machines at post
offices shut down
Tampa Bay Online
-- spider (firstname.lastname@example.org), March 01, 2000
...better run for your bunkers...
-- Y2K Pro (email@example.com), March 01, 2000.
Here is the link about Montreal from Xinhua News Agency.
Leap Year Bug Bites Montreal's Tax Computers
-- Dee (T1Colt556@aol.com), March 01, 2000.