age : LUSENET : hkphoto : One Thread


I would like to make a trip to hong kong in a few weeks and I was wondering if I want to visit a disco or a bar or I would like to drink alcohol, is that a problem then? (I am 19 years old)

I thank you very much in advace for answering this question



-- kelly janssens (, February 24, 2000


I spent the summer in HK last year and I was 17. Although the legal age is 18, very few places bother to check ID. Especailly since I am caucasian, the locals were very reluctant to ask how old I was becasue it's sometimes difficult for people to judge ages of other races. There are a lot of cool bars and night clubs especailly in Tsim Sha Tsui. There is a great public transportation system and lots of fairly cheap taxis. Getting home after a long night of partying is no problem. Hope this helps. If u have any more questions you can email me. I'm very jealous and would love to be going back like you are.

Have a blast. Mike.

-- Michael Chubb (, February 27, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ