headsup safety alert, kero sold mixed with gasoline in clevelandgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
...just heard this on 1100 AM radio out of cleveland, sorry missed name of station where sold, was in town called auburn, or auburn township, it's being recalled, but a lot got sold already, very dangerous to burn in kero devices.
-- zog (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 29, 2000
Only if the mix is too high in terms of gas.
Auburn Twp is a south eastern suburb of Cleve.
-- Chuck, a night driver (email@example.com), January 29, 2000.
was the gas accidently mixed with an underground tank of Kerosene?
or was the gasoline tank accidently contaminated with Kerosene?
-- plonk! (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 29, 2000.
Perhaps there was a refinery failure related to the refining process itself which resulted in a gasoline/kerosene mixture being produced and sent to dealers when pure kerosene was called for.
Don't suppose that there are any embedded devices involved in those production and distribution process, do you? And of course those devices wouldn't fail without any indication except for weird process reults, either, would they?
-- Wildweasel (email@example.com), January 29, 2000.