More Than 1,300 Harvard University Students Evacuated Due to Carbon Monoxide Fumesgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
More Than 1,300 Harvard University Students Evacuated Due to Carbon Monoxide Fumes
Cambridge, MA, United States 1/23/2000- 11:30 AM
More than 1,300 residents of three high-rise Harvard University dorms were evacuated after their apartments filled with carbon monoxide fumes.
The fumes were generated froma fire sparked by an explosion that blew up a transformer underneath the Peabody Terrace buildings around 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Carbon monoxide filled the 500 apartments, which house mostly graduate students and their families.
Three residents who complained of dizziness were treated for minor injuries at the campus infirmary and released.
Residents were allowed to return Sunday night.
Link to story:
-- Carl Jenkins (Somewherepress@aol.com), January 24, 2000
Thank goodness it appears that no one was hurt! 1,300 Harvard grad students would be what a collective IQ of say 234,000? That would be such a tragedy.
-- Hokie (Hokie_@hotmail.com), January 25, 2000.