Super graphic Cams : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Anyone know where you can get rangefinder cams for a Super Graphic (for 127mm lens #P28) - new, used, manufactured?

A quick look through past posts see a reference to S.S. - who are they?


Tim A

-- Tim Atherton (, January 21, 2000


Didn't Midwest Photo Exchange deal in parts for Graflex equipment? I know they make lensboards, so it might be worth checking with them here for cams. They sold part of the business to Fred Lustig. See here for more details. Good luck. DJ

-- N Dhananjay (, January 21, 2000.

I was looking for cams for my Super Graphic, but eventually decided that using the ground glass made more sense in a lot of ways. But if your interested, Midwest didn't seem to have much to offer, though worth a try. At one time they were going to remanufacture some cams, but I think they gave up. This guy has some, but they are pricy: You might also have some luck with Goodwin photo: Good luck, Roger

-- roger rouch (, January 21, 2000.

Also, if you're tastes run in that direction, check here for instructions on how to make your own rangefinder cams for Super Graphics. DJ

-- N Dhananjay (, January 22, 2000.

My associate is a machinist and we are considering manufacturing cams for both Crowns and Super Graphics, as well as lens boards for those cameras.

If we can obtain either the exact specs, or borrow the cam(s) long enough to take measurements, we are going to produce a few to test the market.

We plan on marketing them initially through eBay, and my commercial web site.

-- Bruce Gavin (, January 23, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ