Andy, was your ATM joke deleted?greenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
Andy, I enjoyed your ATM joke (even tho it was male chauvenist pig humor!) It was posted either yesterday or this morning, and being busy, I thought I'd come back tonite and print it off. Have been searching, even going back to the archives, where it shouldn't be, yet, and can't find it! Got to wondering if it was too sexist and got deleted. If so, someone has no sense of humor! (Someone will probably show that I am blind, but I've scrolled up and down this forum numerous times!)
-- Jo Ann (MaJo@Michiana.com), January 17, 2000
It went away because it turned into something inappropriate for forum.
REALLY inapropos, as it were.
-- # 3 (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 18, 2000.
When I become sysop or dictatrix of the universe (whichever comes first), I hereby declare that the following things are going to happen:
1. The first amendment will no longer extend to the words "appropriate" and "inappropriate." They go the way of the Renquist seven. (Love ya, Chuck, but the word has gotta go. It's so....well... 80's and 90's.)
2. The word "validate" barely squeaks through, and is allowed ONLY if used in conjuction with a parking stub. Otherwise, it's nixed too.
3. Henceforth and evermore, people will be required to use the word "federal" before the word "issue."
4. Anybody who refers to people as "human resources" is going to be quarantined without a trial.
5. The words "paradigm" and "shift" will no longer be allowed to reside in the same sentence. In the event those words are used sequentially, offenders will be quarantined and made to listen non-stop to the readings and collected works of Alvin Toffler.
Okay. That's my platform. Vote early. Vote often.
-- (email@example.com), January 18, 2000.
I too looked for that article, I printed it off the first time, but wanted to send it to somebody last night. I searched all the archives I had, and still it was not there. The title to the thread, "I TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE BANK PROBLEMS." I searched till I got tired then gave up. Why not just delet the obsene responses and let the main article be posted. I wanted to send a copy to my sister.
-- Notforlong (Fsur@aol.com), January 18, 2000.
LOL! And will those writers who use words such as "empowered," and "proactive" in the same sentence receive any special treatment?
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 18, 2000.
I hear you.
What you say resonates with me.
Of course, I'm generalizing.
-- Ron Schwarz (email@example.com), January 18, 2000.
I absolutely agree with Notforlong! Why throw out the baby with the bathwater? It doesn't seem fair that just because some idiots with foul language or whatever it was that threw the cute original joke out should ruin it for the rest of us. Can't the sysops just delete the offenders? I had wanted to send the ATM joke to some friends, too. Guess that'll teach me to print things right away, if I ever want to see them again! Sorry if I am upset, but it's a shame that people with no morals ruin things for the rest of us!
-- Jo Ann (MaJo@Michiana.com), January 18, 2000.
Ron, your proactive generalizations have empowered me! (ooooh, I think that I'm going to be sick, now)
-- (Ladybuckeye_59@yahoo.com), January 18, 2000.
It was a joke, sexist yes but pretty funny. I was nnoyed that it was deleted but the sysops have atough job and they have their reasons.
E-mail me privately and I'll send you a copy.
-- Andy (2000EOD@prodigy.net), January 19, 2000.