Ex-Wives! Better arrange with your ex-Husbands to pay you child support directly and NOT through the Recovery Service. The Recovery Service is doomed like the IRS!!!

greenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread

Ex-Wives, if your ex pays the Recovery Service next month, you will not get your check! Have him pay you in cash! Who knows if you'll EVER get it!

-- snodgrass (snod@grass.com), December 07, 1999


Ex-husbands too!!! If your ex-wife pays child support...

-- Hokie (nn@va.com), December 07, 1999.

Try this!!!

-- pistol pete (2guns@sundown.com), December 08, 1999.

The trouble is, once the government gets into the case, it is virtually impossible to get them out...even if both parties want them out because of their bungling!

-- Mad Monk (madmonk@hawaiian.net), December 08, 1999.

I was blessed with reciving custody of my son back in June of 1992. My EX, was to pay 30.00 a week support and 50% of all doctor and dentist bills! I have recived around 1,400.00 in child support sence 1992. No doctor or dentist money at all!

I never cared as I had a good job and did'nt have to have the money, but in April of 1996 I tore a disc in my back. After many many doctors ,tests and one surgery I'm still not able to work. And workers comp doctors said I was able to work and cut me off in December 1997, so I've had no income, except what I scroung up renting a couple campers on my property along the Tippicanoe river here in north IN.

I explained this to my ex, who laughed and said she's not paying me anything, you wanted him you got him! I explaind this to my lawyer who said he would be glad to go back to court :o) Just leave me a 500.00 retainer ):

So now I'm waiting on Family Services to help but thats been months now and still nothing ):

So for the last 2 years I've spent my savings, my sons savings, sold everything I could and am raking up credit cards like you would'nt belive.

Now I have a lawyer working on my back case , who keeps telling me be patient, these things take time.

I guess I'm just ranting here letting off some steem, as theres nowhere else to do it.

So come Febuary I will crash, unless my lawyer or a miricle comes trough before then, it's bankruptcy for me):

Don't want to hear about going to welfare or any other chairty as you can not own more than 2,000 in total assets to recive any help. And even though I'm over 100,000 in debt my 12.5 acres of paradise land here along the river is priceless to me and my son.

Sorry for going on like this but I feel better allready :o)

And like my 93 year old Great Aunt says something will happen don't worry be happy :o)

Merry Christmas everyone:o)

Love Rooster

-- Rooster (Gotitlate@wow.com), December 08, 1999.

In this modern day of technology you wont can not believe this. My daughter has two children ages 17 and 16.

Court ordered father to pay 100.00 a month.

That was 17 years ago.

My daughter tracked her X over the years calling Child Support Agency here in Seminole County Florida repeatedly over the years. She would provide adresses, where he worked and Social Security number.

As of this year she received a total of about 6 payments.

When they did get him into court he wasnt purged and agreed to pay.

She would get a payment or two and then nothing.

She would track him down again and that would take months to years and again no purge and he would agree to pay then dissappear again.

Finally after ten years of this crap and the word "Bitch" written on the inside cover of her file with the agency because she would continue to demand they do something. She gave up!!!

She has done her part. She fought hard. However, the system doesnt care. So dont believe any of the laws or ideas they come up with for dead beat dads. They are there to look good but in reality they are not going to enforce them and most success stories are from the recipient doing all the work.

Sad but true.

-- Susan Barrett (sue59@bellsouth.net), December 08, 1999.

I don't know about other states, but here in Michigan, the unwritten rule is that ex-fathers pay, and ex-wives don't.

When an ex-father has custody, he'd be wise to not count on getting child support, or even getting the ear of the system when he *asks* for child support.

When an ex-wife has custody -- or even *joint* custody, all she need do is wave her hanky and the ex-father will find his ass in jail, where he'll have the last nickel shaken from his pockets, and then showed the call-collect payfone, so he can call all his friends and relatives to ask *them* for money to help pay his way out of debtor's prison.

No, I never did the "go directly to jail" part. I *did* pay until it hurt -- it hurt *so* much that I couldn't even afford to file bankruptcy.

How did I stay out of jail?

I learned how to be the kind of little fish that bigger fish know better than to eat.

I *did* get plenty of collect calls from friends in debtor's prison, though.

And I *did* eventually get custody.

And, two years later, I *finally* got a token support judgement against my ex. And she made two or three token *payments* -- several months apart each, none of them approaching the *cost* (in legal fees) of getting her to pay, and then she simply quit. With no ill effects -- for her.

And as to *computers*?


The Friend of The Court would probably just hire some retired Hong Kong Royal Police, import some Yakuza, and/or issue machettes to the Tonton Macaute, and then pay them all a percentage of the take.

Mothers, don't let your sons grow up to be fathers...

-- Ron Schwarz (rs@clubvb.com.delete.this), December 08, 1999.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ