which lense board for crown graphic?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread


I have a crown graphic 4x5 camera. I'm purchasing a 100mm f6.5 WF ektar lense for the camera. The lense does not come with a board. What board do I need for this camera and lense combination? Where can I get a board. How do I install a lense in a board?


-- jon miller (jmill@cybertime.net), December 04, 1999


You can get Crown Graphic boards quite a few places. Check out Stephen Shuharts ad in Shutterbug, or MidWest Photo Exchange in Columbus OH (also a Shutterbug ad). You get the blank board and send it to Steve Grimes along with the retaining ring (jam nut) and he'll cut the board for about $15.00. The blank Graphic board will cost about $20.00.

-- chuck k (kleesattel@webtv.com), December 05, 1999.

Both of the places mentioned will cut the board to your shutter size if you tell them what lens and shutter you have. I've ordered boards for my Super Graphic from both. It's about $8 or $10 more. You'll then need a spanner wrench equivalent to tighten the retainer ring. I've used needle nosed pliers or a strong hand tightening.

-- Roger Rouch (rrouch@msn.com), December 05, 1999.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ