Polaroid 550 Film Holder Question

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Recently purchased a used B&J 4X5 Orbit mono-rail camera. While looking into polaroid backs on their website the description for the 550 film holder stated it works on all "locking rib" backs.

Can someone define "locking rib" back. Not being well versed in LF, my camera has a film back that rotates, a lever for moving the ground glass away from the back to allow for insertion of film holders. I heard/read about Graphlok & Graphlex and universal backs but have not visually seen them. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

P.S. I attempted to do a search for the info, however, there is no search format as there is on Philip's other web pages.

-- Denis Hill (denis3@aol.com), November 14, 1999


They mean the Graflok or "International" back. For some pictures and discussion, go to the Graflex web site: www.graflex.org

-- Tony Brent (ajbrent@mich.com), November 14, 1999.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ