Spotting Negatives : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

I recently obtained an article from View Camera Magazine writen serveral years ago by Huntington Witherill. He suggested using a product called Nutran Korn dye (yes it is spelled right)for spotting pin holes in negatives. I have done a product search at Calumet and have e-mailed them about this. Have also contacted Sammy's Camera which is where the ariticle suggested obtaining it. No luck so far. Anyone know where I can get this stuff?

-- Paul Mongillo (, November 13, 1999


Don't know if this helps, but I've used Spotone to do the same. DJ

-- N Dhananjay (, November 13, 1999.

Kodak Black Opaque is the standard product for this task. It is really *opaque*, unlike Spotone.

-- Peter Hughes (, November 13, 1999.

spottone is the answer, Paul...

-- tom barrett (, November 14, 1999.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ