Help!--Looking for Trompe information : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) Preparation Forum : One Thread

Years ago, I had plans for a Trompe. It's a gizmo which takes falling water, and adds air, through a series of perferations in a pipe, or passageway. The air ends up being compressed, although I don't know to what extent. Anyway, the compressed air can be used for various purposes, e.g. for raising water to a storage tank.

Anyone know anything about this? I can't even find info on altavista or yahoo.

Thanks for ANY help!


-- Al K. Lloyd (, October 05, 1999


I tried infoseek (where you can refine searches...) The article referenced in the link below is a history of compressed air development. It says that trompe systems are also called a water bellows or a water blower...

Another historical link mentioning trompes:

Perhaps a check of your library systems for books with "compressed air" as a subject...

Another search engine that can come in handy is

Sorry I wasn't able to come up with any more promising leads...

-- winter wondering (, October 05, 1999.

Winter Wondering! Thanks! I even checked "Ask Jeeves", and Jeeves could only come up with art stuff. Good Job! I'll check those sites out right now.


-- Al K. Lloyd (, October 05, 1999.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ