Does ANYONE know where to get Senate in HTML??greenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
Does ANYONE know where to get the FULL 100 Day Senate report in HTML??
PDF is the pits!
Thanks in advance.
-- K. Stevens (kstevens@ It's ALL going away in January.com), September 23, 1999
Diane (bless her) posted the trick to get pdf translated into text via email.
Here's the address (put it in your address book):
Then in the body of the message put the url of the pdf file. The Senate report is broken into pieces. See: http://www.senate.gov/~y2k/documents/100dayrpt/
For example, the Executive Summary's URL is:
... so you would paste that into the body of the email. No other text. The subject doesn't matter so you can label it for your convenience in finding it later (i.e. Senate Executive Summary).
Send it off and within a few minutes it comes back in text form. Graphs and tables get all screwed up. Oh well. At least it is something. Within a few days someone usually converts the important stuff to HTML, so keep your eyes open.
-- Linda (email@example.com), September 23, 1999.
Alot of it is already on the forum Links below
- Executive Summary of 100 day report
- Business 100 Day Senate Report Part One (Brian, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Business 100 Day Senate Report Part Two (Brian, email@example.com,
- FINANCIAL SERVICES 100 Day Senate Report (Brian,
- Transportation 100 day Senate Report (Brian, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Telecommunications 100 Day Senate Report (Brian, email@example.com,
- Health Care 100 Day Senate Report (Brian, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Utilities from 100 day report (Wastewater!!!) (Brian, email@example.com,
- Senate Y2K Committee 100 day report
-- Brian (firstname.lastname@example.org), September 23, 1999.
Text version http://www.senate.gov/~y2k/documents/100dayrpt/
-- maggie (email@example.com), September 23, 1999.
I think you can also request a pdf2html conversion from Adobe.
-- Dave (firstname.lastname@example.org), September 23, 1999.