OT Humor: PC-Speak for a Post-Apocalyptic worldgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
1. LOG ON: Makin a wood stove hotter.
2. LOG OFF: Don't add no more wood.
3. MONITOR: Keepin an eye on the wood stove.
4. DOWNLOAD: Gettin the farwood off the truk.
5. MEGA HERTZ: When yer not kerful gittin the far wood.
6. FLOPPY DISC: Whatcha git from tryin to carry too much farwood.
7. RAM: That thar thing whut splits the farwood.
8. HARD DRIVE: Gittin home in the winter time.
9. PROMPT: Whut the mail ain't in the winter time.
10. WINDOWS: Whut to shut wen it's cold outside.
11. SCREEN: Whut to shut wen it's blak fly season.
12. BYTE: Whut dem flys do.
13. CHIP: Munchies fer the TV.
14. MICRO CHIP: Whut's in the bottom of the munchiebag.
15. MODEM: Whut cha did to the hay fields.
16. DOT MATRIX: Old Dan Matrix's wife.
17. LAP TOP: Whar the kitty sleeps.
18 KEYBOARD: Whar ya hang dem dere keys.
19. SOFTWARE: Them plastic forks and knifs.
20. MOUSE: Whut eats the grain in the barn.
21. MAINFRAME: Holds up the barn roof.
22. PORT: Fancy Flatlander wine
23. ENTER: Northerner talk fer "C'mon in y'all"
24. RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY: Wen ya cain't 'member whutya paid fur the rifle when yore wife asks.
25. MOUSE PAD: That hippie talk fer the rat hole.
-- RUOK (RUOK@yesiam.com), September 10, 1999
CD: How your yard looks when left unmowed. BROWN OUT: Best way to wear dirty underwear.
-- Hawthorne (firstname.lastname@example.org), September 10, 1999.