Recent GAO reports that may be of interestgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
Here are some recent reports newly available on the web that you might be interested in:
The following items were added to GAO's World Wide Web site in Portable Document (PDF) format.
- Information Security: Recent Attacks on Federal Web Sites Underscore Need for Stronger Information Security Management. T-AIMD-99-223. 13 pp. June 24, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/ai99223t.pdf
- Intercity Passenger Rail: Amtrak's Progress in Improving Its Financial Condition Has Been Mixed. RCED-99-181. 25 pp. plus 1 appendix (2 pp.) July 9, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/rc99181.pdf
- IRS Management: IRS Faces Challenges as it Restructures the Office of the Taxpayer Advocate. GGD-99-124. 26 pp. plus 7 appendices (30 pp.) July 15, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/gg99124.pdf
- National Archives: Preserving Electronic Records in an Era of Rapidly Changing Technology. GGD-99-94. 23 pp. plus 3 appendices (5 pp.) July 19, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/gg99094.pdf
- Year 2000 Computing Challenge: Important Progress Made, Yet Much Work Remains to Avoid Disruption of Critical Services. T-AIMD-99-234. 35 pp. plus 1 appendix (2 pp.) July 9, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/ai99234t.pdf
- Year 2000 Computing Challenge: Readiness Improving But Much Work Remains to Avoid Disruption of Critical Services. T-AIMD-99-232. 34 pp. plus 1 appendix (2 pp.) July 7, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/ai99232t.pdf
- Year 2000 Computing Challenge: Readiness Improving Yet Avoiding Disruption of Critical Services Will Require Additional Work. T-AIMD-99-233. 35 pp. plus 1 appendix (2 pp.) July 8, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/ai99233t.pdf
- Military Base Closures: Potential to Offset Fiscal Year 2000 Budget Request. NSIAD-99-149. July 23, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/ns99149.pdf
- Combating Terrorism: Analysis of Federal Counterterrorist Exercises. NSIAD-99-157BR. 60 pp. June 25, 1999. http://www.gao.gov/new.items/ns99157b.pdf
These reports and testimonies will also be added to our WAIS database in ASCII and PDF formats within the next 24 hours.
This database can be searched from the World Wide Web from the search page at:
If you are using speech synthesizer equipment or lack World Wide Web access you may search this database with GPO's public swais client by telnetting to: swais.access.gpo.gov
Any individual report may be retrieved directly from that archive in text and PDF formats with the following URL:
replacing RPTNO with the report number (e.g., GAO/OCG-98-1).
-- Linda (firstname.lastname@example.org), July 28, 1999
Linda: Do you like to mudwrestle?
-- King of Spain (email@example.com), July 28, 1999.
Thanks for the posting. As an ex EDP Auditor, I have the highest respect for the GAO reports.
-- Mad Monk (firstname.lastname@example.org), July 28, 1999.