Portable VCD EP 811

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Video CD : One Thread

I received a VCD as a gift from Singapore. Since the voltage used in Canada is different from Asia, I need a voltage transformer in order to hook up the VCD to my TV. Can anyone suggest where I can get the transformer or do I need one at all? What is NTSC and PAL?

Thank you in advance!


-- Faustina Khiu (q.faustina@home.com), July 05, 1999


Try Radio Shack , they should have one though it might be a little pricey if you buy it from them, you could also try to look for a place that sells electronics components (electronics parts etc..) it's cheaper than radio shack's ...

-- mhel marc (pingkian@hotmail.com), July 06, 1999.

NTSC is the television standard used in North America and some parts of South America. Most of the rest of the world uses PAL. PAL has a little higher resolution than NTSC. Unfortunately Regular TVs, not computers, can not change resolutions and as a result PAL encoded films get cropped off when viewed on an NTSC television. Computers can hange resolutions very easily and and PAL looks normal on a PC as does NTSC on a PC.

-- The Lone Ranger (rutger_s@hotmail.com), July 06, 1999.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ