T90 Focusing Screens

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Canon FD : One Thread

Need to find out where I can purchase through mail order a new Split Image focusing screen, and the expected cost?

-- Mubeen Mughal (mubeen@iconnect.co.ke), June 28, 1999



You just need to start searching the used camera equipment places. B&H Photo (www.bhphotovideo.com) shows focusing screens on their flyer and web page, but not exactly which ones. You will have to call to find out if they have the one you want.

-- Terry Carraway (TCarraway@compuserve.com), June 29, 1999.

Before you buy that new screen for your T-90, please let me put in my $0.02 worth. Quite a few years ago I read in a George Lepp column that every professional he ever met all had P screens in their cameras. The P is just an alphabetical designation. The screen is a clear glass (NO center circle or split viewing) and it has horizontal and verticle lines engraved on it. That's all!! It is nothing more than a tic-tac-toe design, but I can't begin to tell you the wonderful change this screen makes.

Naturally focusing is easier, that's to be expected. What it causes you to do AUTOMATICALLY, is keep horizons balanced, place centers of interest at the power points, etc., etc. It is, without a doubt, one of the very wisest purchases I have ever made. Before you buy, ask around your camera club--you do belong to at least one camera club I hope-- to look through the viewfinder of a camera that has such a screen installed. It will sell itself to you on the spot.

Good luck, and remember to ENJOY your hobby.

-- Arlen LeRoy (aleroy@snet.net), July 27, 1999.

Thanks y'all for your input!

-- Mubeen Mughal (mubeen@iconnect.co.ke), July 28, 1999.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ