Useful forum reply phrasesgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
These remarks are meant for on the job but 95 percent are suitable for flaming (pun very much intended).
1. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
2. The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
3. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
4. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
5. I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.
6. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
7. What am I? Flypaper for freaks!?
8. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
9. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
10. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
11. It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.
12. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
13. No, my powers can only be used for good.
14. How about never? Is never good for you?
15. I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.
16. You sound reasonable...Time to up my medication.
17. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
18. I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...
19. I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
20. Who me? I just wander from room to room.
21. My toys! My toys! I can't do this job without my toys!
22. It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.
23. At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.
24. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
25. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
26. Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
-- Old Git (email@example.com), April 07, 1999
Just what we need, more antagonism on this forum. This also assumes that some need a lesson in discourse.
-- Maria (firstname.lastname@example.org), April 07, 1999.
thanx, old git, we can *always* use more humor.
maria, this is *not* more antagonism. every one of these attitudes has *already* been expressed on this forum, just not so elegantly.
-- Cowardly Lion (email@example.com), April 07, 1999.
Those are dandy. Mind if I cross-post 'em to alt.comedy.standup?
-- William Cheek (firstname.lastname@example.org), April 07, 1999.
So we can reference this list and reduce keyboard input and bandwidth
#6 Old Git Response Enumerator(OGRE)
-- WebRNot (email@example.com), April 07, 1999.
27. Thanks for the laugh :-)
-- Tricia the Canuck (firstname.lastname@example.org), April 08, 1999.