Run-time Report Headers and Footersgreenspun.com : LUSENET : OCI Best Practices : One Thread
Reports have standard (optional) header and footer fields. When laying out a TppReport (which is eventually saved in the rpt_layout table) use these TppLabel names. The report software will set the captions at run time.
- Filled with RPT_LAYOUT.TITLE
- Filled with RPT_REPORT.SUB_TITLE
- Filled with RPT_USER_SPECIFIED_VERSION.USER_TITLE
- Displays a description of the WHERE clause for a single programmer-flagged date column. (Flagged by setting TField.Tag to 1.)
- Uses the user's LAN ID to find an ID_EMP. Then uses the ID_EMP to find the user's full name.
- The report ID is the concatination of the layout, report, and version keys in the format: 99-99-99.
The reporting module looks for these label names at run time. If found the label's caption is replaced, if not found the caption is set to the null string.
-- Anonymous, March 30, 1999