Caps for Large FD Lenses : LUSENET : Canon FD : One Thread

Does anyone know where I can get a cap for a Canon FD 400mm 4.5? I think it takes a screw-in cap.

-- Matt St. John (, March 25, 1999


I have a 400/4.5 (bought it new) and it never had a cap, it had a leather boot thingy that slid over the lens front and tied on.

Regards Rob

-- Rob Gray (, April 05, 1999.

I use a Rubbermaid 3 quart lid container top for my 600mm f/4 Nikkor lens, it cost about $5 USA dollars. You should take your lens into the grocery store and see if you can find a plastic lid that fits! Peace Rolland Elliott

-- Rolland Rainbow Elliott (, February 08, 2000.

The perfect solution I've found for these lenses is the Optech Hood Hat. They are neoprene covers that come in three sizes and slip on over the lens hood.

-- David Goldfarb (, June 02, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ