Intermediate values - what's between the speed dotsgreenspun.com : LUSENET : Minox Photography : One Thread
On the various Minox models it's possible to set the shutter speed BETWEEN the dots. In my IIIs manual it states that "intermediate values may be selected" - is this setting one value, or is it "analog" similar to the distance setting?
-- Kenneth Edelstein (email@example.com), January 04, 1999
The speed dials on many Minox models are continuos linearly on the speed dial. For instance, speed in the middle of 1/50 and 1/100 is 1/75.
-- martin tai (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 04, 1999.
A reader of Minox FAQ tested his Minox B camera shutter with laser beam pointing at the lens, then measured the reflected light with a photosensor and registered the response on an oscilloscope. His results are interesing:
- At 1/500 2.18 millisecond= 1/460 sec
- 1/750 sec 1.51 msec = 1/660 sec
- 1/1000 sec 1.11 msec = 1/900 sec
- The Minox B shutter is quite accurate.
- In between 1/500 and 1/1000, the shutter indeed registered intermediate speed.
-- martin tai (email@example.com), November 14, 1999.