Bruce's Thesis Project Ideasgreenspun.com : LUSENET : M.Ed./International Falls : One Thread
Here are the ideas that I'm considering; (1) a art history study, (2)film manipulation and computer technology (3) I'm open to suggestions
-- Anonymous, November 11, 1998
It has been my observation that students need a basis for making decisions. Then they can take action in a consistent rather than in an impulsive manner, with understanding, for their own personal integrity.
To address this problem a new course is needed in our current art curriculum, Artistic Understanding using creative collaboration and computer technology.
This new elective class will give art students a firm platform for formulating their own points of view.
Qualitative research will be conducted prior, during, and after the World Artistic Understanding course. A survey and test will measure the knowledge and attitudes of parents and students.
By increasing the knowledge about other peoples of the world, art students that take the coarse World Artistic Understanding will:
1. be able to discuss issues and identify art of the five world views that has shaped the twentieth century and will shape the twenty-first.
2. know that every individual bases their thoughts, decisions and actions on one of the five world views. 3. appreciate and understand people of the world, even though they do not think the same as the student does.
4. be happier, because of the exposure to a wider range of people, activities and environments. 5. have more confidence by overcoming prejudice and the fear of other cultures through understanding and peaceful exposure.
6. recognize certain views are growing in acceptance by our society which requires personal examination.
7. understand why people should rely on their own ideas through research rather than accepting an idea through coersiveness or comformity, without thinking how it affects others.
8. know what ideas comprize a world view, and how many ideas are foundational to a world view must be changed before it is altered or merely affecting the fringes.
9. learn to express themselves positively and accurately about a fair representation of each world view, both verbally and visualy
10. use and gain skill in many art mediums including computer technology .
The document World Artistic Understanding, will be written during the summer of 1999, and be the final sigment in Artistic Understanding which is our current art curriculum. This new course will be offered during two elective art classes in 1999/2000.
-- Anonymous, July 01, 1999