The Truth Needs to Be KNOWNgreenspun.com : LUSENET : 1998 Guam Elections : One Thread
Again, your blatant statements about the debate. Joe ADA may have not talked with the slickness as the way Carl's does, but at least I got to hear the truth instead of lies. Carl is a good liar, and it's as simple as that. You 98'ers can put it any other way, but the truth remains. I'm sure that Carl has done some good in the last 4 years, however, He hasn't done his job in the most moral of ways. Carl has used influence to draw attention away from issues that are against his interests, has missused taxpayers' money to buy people with votes, paving driveways and giving power poles. Also, Carl has taken credit for many things and has not given credit where it was due. Uncle Carl claimed during the debate, "That it is easy to start a school, but harder to finish/complete one." He claimed he built the schools. Ask yourself something, which is harder, finding money, in the millions, and then funding the production of the schools, or completing the school with the funds already there which were allocated previously. I think most will agree with me that starting is harder. Also, take the Gutierrez kids for instance. I would bet my life on it that Carl's family takes drugs. The reason being is because I can put a face/name behind the people, who've sworn to me that this is true. IT IS NOT HEARSAY WHEN IT COMES DIRECT. I have spoken to in person to the people who've claimed to either have done ICE(CRYSTAL METHANPHETAMINES), received ICE, and/or attended so-called "Drug Parties" held by the Gutierrez kids. This information is not from one person, BUT FROM MANY PEOPLE. Some of which I've known for a good majority of my life. If you 98'ers are really adamant that your leader Carl T.C. Gutierrez is corrupt, disprove the following...
1. Carl was and is fiscally responsible - Paved the driveways of a number of people, not public access roads as he claimed. Want evidence, drive down south, towards Merizo, you'll see what I'm talking about. Yet he can't even pay for enough textbooks, in some classrooms is 3 TO ONE TEXTBOOK, a more important issue than driveways.
2. Carl is morally irresponsible, LEGAL DOCUMENTS CONTAIN THE STATEMENTS OF ADMITTANCE TO SEX WITH HIS NIECE...
3. Carl claims he built the new schools, PUBLIC DOCUMENTS SHOW THAT JOE ADA STARTED THE NEW SCHOOLS WITH A $175 MILLION DOLLAR BOND.
4. Carl was the Chairman of Ways and Means during the ADA administration, taking part in every single govt. function, bill, and project that required money, YET HE CLAIMS THAT JOE ADA WAS FISCALLY IRRESPONSIBLE, CARL HAD EQUAL INVOLVEMENT.
5. Carl claims Joe ADA was fiscally irresponsible, yet Carl authored the 5440 and tax rebates knowing fullwell as the Chair of Ways and Means that there were more important and pressing issues that could have been addressed with that money, in addition the govt. did not have enough funds to cover that bill, and the govt. ended up losing out in a deficit.
6. Carl claims Joe ADA did nothing about the Loadshedding problem, yet PUBLIC DOCUMENTS WILL SHOW THAT LOADSHEDDING, WHICH WAS SOLVED BY CONSTRUCTION OF CABRAS 3&4 WAS SOLVED BY MONEY ALLOCATED BY JOE ADA BEFORE HE LEFT OFFICE.
7. Carl was not only Chairman of Ways and Means during the ADA administration but was also speaker in some of the terms in the ADA administration, yet he claims that Joe didn't get things done, WHEN IT WAS A VERY UNCOOPERATIVE LEGISLATURE WHICH WAS THE PROBLEM.
8. The 21st & 22nd Legislatures, of which terms occurred in the ADA administration were the most expensive in history, as many as 600 individuals were employed by 21 senators :( , millions of tax dollars were misspents in big beefy individual senatorial budgets... Carl T.C. Gutierrez, as the Chair of Ways and Means of those legislatures, APPROVED THEIR BUDGETS. While these individuals were "STILL HAVING FUN", the people of Guam were suffering from loadshedding, something that would have been solved with a couple of million out of those budgets. But it was no worry to Carl and the rest of the crew at the legislature, they found money to buy personal generators for themselves. YET CARL HAS THE AUDACITY TO CLAIM LOADSHEDDING WAS JOE ADA'S FAULT.
9. Carl claims Joe ADA didn't plan for the future, yet Joe did. Joe may not have had a comprehensive plan, Joe ADA did implement projects for the future. For example, Joe ADA increased our tourism by taking trips to those countries that we never really had markets from, such as KOREA. Joe ADA implemented a comprehensive island beautification plan. Joe ADA facilitated the construction of major hotels here on Guam, more 5 star hotels than any governor (Pacific Star Hotel, Hilton, Hyatt, Nikko, Palace) to name a few. Joe ADA envisioned the need for more schools to educate a growing number in the population, ADA secured the $175 million dollar bond which built all the schools in the last 8 years. Joe ADA built more infrastructure than any governor before or since his time, roads, water, and power. Joe ADA fostered the creation of more than 20,000 jobs during his administration IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR ALONE, NOT COUNTING GOVGUAM. The unemployment rate was at its lowest point in history. AND YES, PUBLIC DOCUMENTS SUPPORT MY CLAIMS.
10. Carl T.C. Gutierrez has made many statements and has contradicted himself many times.
"JOE ADA RAN A CLEAN GOVT. AND THERE IS NO DEFICIT." C. GUTIERREZ - 1994 Gubenotorial Debate Yet he claims that Joe Ada caused a deficit and the major cause was the 5440 and tax rebates, of which Carl authored and spearheaded its passing.
"IF WE DIDN'T MOVE GOVGUAM INTO TIYAN, THE FEDERAL GOVT. WAS GOING TO GIVE IT TO A PRIVATE ENTERPRISE TO HOLD AND USE." - 1998 Gubernotorial Debate Yet the NAVY took this land away from Chamorros after WWII and even documented every single person's share of the Tiyan land, YOU CAN'T GIVE LAND WHICH IS NOT YOURS AWAY.
11. Carl T.C. Gutierrez built the statue of former Gov. Ricardo J. Bordallo and named adelup after him, YET IT WAS CARL HIMSELF WHO NARKED ON RICKY BACK IN 1985, AND CELEBRATED RICKY'S DEMISE WITH A PARTY AND SOME CHAMPAGNE. Years later, Carl teams up with "Barbie Doll" Bordallo, Ricky's former wife for the governorship.
12. Carl T.C. Gutierrez hired all his relatives for very high-paying govt. positions in the Government, in addition to awarding govt. contracts to a select few businesses/individuals WITHOUT SEALED BIDS.
Evelyn Gutierrez Ybarra - works at the Governor's office.
Ann Gutierrez - Heads the Guam Finance Commission
Budding Gutierrez - at the Governor's office
Ralph W. Gutierrez - GIAA Board of Directors
JJ Moving - Company owned by a relative of Geri Gutierrez, does majority the moving, tow services, etc. for the govt.
13. Drugs are present at nearly every single Govt. agency, even at the police department and the Guam Fire Department, where it's probably at its worst, AND THIS IS NOT A LIBELOUS STATEMENTS, It can be backed by numerous members of the fire department, of which I will not release names and respect their wishes. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE WAR ON ICE? Shouldn't we start with GovGuam itself, and work our way outwards.
Maybe WAR ON ICE really stands for "We Are On Ice"
14. Only at the start of the Gutierrez administration does ICE really become a problem - The price drops from a thousand bucks a gram to 200 bucks or less. - There are more drug dealers and users/abusers. - Crime increases more than dramatically
15. Carl has nice ads with a lot of statements, however, he doesn't have the statements that
- Guam's people are suffering from one the highest unemployment rates in history
- There is a $50 million dollar shortfall this year.
- Guam's only major source of revenue is tourism, which is now suffering from the ASIA economic crisis.
- Students are suffering from lack of textbooks, MANY TEACHERS HAVE FILED grievances.
- Members of other campaigns HAVE BEEN RECEIVING DEATH THREATS FROM INDIVIDUALS COERCING THEM TO GO ON CARL'S SIDE.
- The phones at one of the opposing headquarters WERE REPROGRAMMED SO THAT ALL INCOMING CALLS WERE FORWARDED TO AN ANSWERING MACHINE IN TIYAN. How DIRTY CAN UNCLE CARL GET?
On a Final Note: Don't you all come back bashing me or the ideas/concepts/facts that I have portrayed. All those statements can be backed up. The reason why I don't dare name the individuals, such as the members of the police/fire departments is because the repocussions will have damaging effects on the lives and well-being of those individuals. ALSO, TAKE THE INFORMATION/TRUTH LISTED ABOVE FOR WHAT IT IS, BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE, HOWEVER THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS REMAIN WHAT IT IS, WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT. So PLEASE RESPOND IN KIND WITH INTELLIGENT ANSWERS, AND NOT SOME SILLY SMALL TALK. THANKS.
-- Frank Cruz (email@example.com), October 18, 1998
The truth is, there were 10,000+ excited supporters at the '98 rally on Sunday, October 18 in Hagatna.
Truth is, never in the history of Guam have so many voters been so enthusiastic in their support of a warm, caring team of candidates that they see doing a great job of running this island.
Truth is, the '98 team is already 17-19 points up and after the debate and the rally, it will no doubt baloon to over 25 points, which is the BIGGEST LANDSLIDE IN GUAM's HISTORY, no matter which way you cut it.
Truth is, with Joe making unholy alliances with Angel and Mark, who have lost all their Nasion Chamoru support in favor of the few fanatic cult-like ABC'ers, the last few people who may have supported Ada are fleeing to Carl.
Truth is, after watching that debate, guess Mark Forbes and Lou Pangelinan were REALLY in charge of the government for four years after all.
Truth is, Joe Ada may be a nice guy, but that and a dollar will still only get you a soda. You don't cast sympathy votes for the person who has to run our island in the face of economic challenge.
Truth is, Joe isn't as clean as you all think. Why did he make Tony Leon Guerrero, head of the Bank of Guam, head of GEDA, and then put all the govguam money in BOG, so they could rack up over $7 million a year in fees off GovGuam???! Nowadays, that money is being spread out, to the different banks who can offer cheaper fees and better interest rates, and Tony doesn't like that.... maybe that's why rumor has it he is helping out Joe by doing the dirty work like taping people's calls and patching them together to try and make the 98'ers look bad.
-- Spotlight (firstname.lastname@example.org), October 18, 1998.
Are you sure that the turn out was because they wanted to be there or because they had to be there. I no some people that didn't want to be there but, only because there bosses had asked, that they went. I went. But not in support of Karl. But to support my candidate. Thats right! I was one of the 10,000+ but not there for Karl but for Willy. This was a Democrat Rally not just for Karl but for theh candidates. There are many of us that went for our candidate not Karl and many that were there for their jobs. An that's the truth!
-- TELL THE TRUTH (email@example.com), October 18, 1998.
I ask for an intelligent response to my question, but instead receive some small talk about a large rally. Just because there were so many people there, DOES THAT DISPROVE THAT CARL IS CORRUPT? I can't control the way everyone else votes, all of you are entitled to vote for Carl. The only reason that I spend a good portion of my spare time to post on this forum is to create discussion, and to allow those misinformed to get into the know of things. In addition to your statement about the Bank of Guam deal, again let me reiterate one more time, THE CHAIRMAN OF WAYS AND MEANS OF THE LEGISLATURE IS PARTIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR GOVT. FINANCES, IN ADDITION TO ANY BONDS OR LOANS GIVEN OUT TO ANY BANK, SUCH AS THE BANK OF GUAM. If you don't believe me spotlight, Call the Guam Legislative Protocol office and ask them. So please don't give me any statements regarding this Bank of Guam scandal, because your Governor Carl T.C. Gutierrez HAD A PART IN THE WHOLE SO-CALLED SCANDAL AS THE REIGNING CHAIR OF WAYS AND MEANS DURING THE ADA ADMINISTRATION. In addition, this Mr. Martinez has not provided VISIBLE PROOF REGARDING HIS ALLEGATIONS. Nowadays, it seems that allegations without visible proof are enough to stir anything, such as an election. I am exercising my right as a Citizen of Guam, the US, and the world, my right to free speech to post my opinions on this forum. So if anyone out there with an intelligence can post anything in regards to my statements, post it. If all you have is small talk, then keep it to yourself... Because I've kept my statements in a professional manner...
-- Frank Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org), October 18, 1998.
The truth is most of the world used to think the world was flat. A LOT more than 10000+. The truth is the number of people who believe something has nothing to do with whether that claim is correct.
The truth is there's no way to quantify enthusiasm. The truth is you're reading way more into the facts than is logically justifiable.
The truth is you give no source for your polling data. Its also irrelevant to the question of who's right. Your only purpose seems to be to decieve Ada supporters into thinking they shouldn't bother to vote.
The truth is Angel and Mark know a lot more about the goings on of the Gutierrez administration than the average citizen and they wouldn't be able to support King Karl in good conscience.
The truth is Forbes definitely had a hand in the successes of the Ada administration. That's the way government works.
The truth is Ada isn't just a nice guy, he's also an honest one. That does matter. Over the last four years we've seen the negative effects of having a crook in our highest office.
The truth is your last statement is libelous speculation.
-- RTT (Ratt@tat.tat), October 18, 1998.
I've been reading all the comments and answers on both candidates and as far as I'm concerned, no matter who is in office- with that tremendous power over the government, no politician is innocent of any wrong doing. Any government in the world has been involved in scandals, NO POLITICIAN is EXEMPT. When an election takes place and people are voted into office, I've noticed that when it gets close to the next election, politicians start burning the midnite oil to actually fulfill their promises made to the people. This has been a very common tactic. It's kind of "the last impression is the best impression".
Also, campaign funds. When people or businesses donate to a party, they expect favors from that candidate if the need ever occurs. Paving people's driveways...I don't see anything wrong with that. We the people whom the government exists for should receive services from the government. I guess it's just a COINCIDENCE that GUTIERREZ had it done at a time near election and where the Chamoru population are heavily concentrated. Only because these Chamorus were grateful toward "Hita" on the Chamoru Land Trust Act. Angel was the HERO on that case during Ada's time! I remember that no one was arrested during that protest. Remember..."last impression is the best".
I would like to bring up the Limtiaco Cemetary in Nimitz Hill. For years it has been neglected. Every year on All Soul's Day, people have to deal with mud and a very bad road. I can go off-roading there on the cemetary grounds. No politician had ever made an effort towards improving the Limtiaco Cemetary. IS IT BECAUSE THE RESIDENTS AT THE LIMTIACO CEMETARY AREN'T ABLE TO VOTE???!
-- Can't buy my vote! (TRUTH@aol.com), November 05, 1998.
So why don't you register the dead and get them to vote?
-- (email@example.com), November 05, 1998.
That's pretty damn cynical of you, doncha' think? I guess everyone is corrupt so let's just vote for whoever has a better song, right? You're missing the point about the driveways too. You can't just give the governor the power to grant a $2000 service to people based on his whims or whether he likes you or not. If you believe its the government's role to pave the driveways of private citizens, lobby for legislation to that effect. Right now there's no fairly designed system for that kind of thing and its just a cheap (figuratively speaking since WE pay a lot for it) method to get votes.
-- RTT (Ratt@tat.tat), November 05, 1998.
IF YOU PAVE A PERSON'S DRIVEWAY, WHY DON'T YOU PAVE EVERYONE'S DRIVEWAY CARL? AT LEAST EVERYONE RECEIVED $1000 TAX REBATES DURING THE ADA ADMINISTRATION, INSTEAD OF THE SELECT FEW PEOPLE YOU'RE GIVING FAVORS TO, CARL...
-- Frank Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org), November 11, 1998.
FOR THOSE WHO WONDER WHO IS LIGHTHOUSE(S) _____________________________________ 1) Chris Barnett =status(fired/in-denial/works with Angel) A.K.A.=Cry Baby 2) Tony Sanchez =status(in-denial) ____A.K.A.=Trash Sam_________________________________
Why Chris Barnett is doing this?
He was fired by the Calvos from the station because the Calvos told him specifically not to talk about politics. Well of course, the callers wanted to discuss it, Barfer just went along with the opposite of what he was told (he was fired). I will spell it out for you Barnett.
Why is Tony Sanchez doing this? N/A until furthernotice
-- Peerson (email@example.com), November 12, 1998.
What proof do you have, Peerson, that Lighthouse is Chris Barnett or Tony Sanchez? Are you able to track IP addresses? Are you doing constant surveillance on these people? Have you wire-tapped their phones? Are you some kind of psychic that can see what other people are doing? Do have some kind of stone that will tell you all?
If you answered yes to any of these questions I really think that you must be bored with your life and have a lot of free time on your hands. (Maybe you have a unchallenging GovGuam job?) In any event, who cares who the lighthouse keeper(s) is/are. Are you mad that who ever this person is wishes to remain anonymous? If so, then you and I are doing the same thing, probably for the same reasons. If you want to try to make this person look bad, do so by attacking the arguments they make on their posts. Don't go accusing people of being something or someone that you may not have any proof of.
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), November 12, 1998.
Don't you wish. Keep on guessing.
-- Chris (email@example.com), November 12, 1998.
I think I've adequately answered charges that I'm Chris Barnett, or that I'm Tony Sanchez, or that I'm Chris Iarossi, or whoever else. You have offered no proof or logical reason that I am any of these people. If you haven't been reading this forum, I have already provided several clues about who I am and yet no one has come close to guessing correctly. And as a previous poster mentioned, why are you so interested in who I am? Most people on this forum (except Chris Barnett, Bob Kelly and a couple others) are anonymous, and yet you don't go guessing who they are.
To show you how stupid the guessing game is, I'll tell everybody who you are:
Peerson = Ginger Cruz = bad guesser
-- Lighthouse (firstname.lastname@example.org), November 13, 1998.