place of immigration : LUSENET : San Francisco History : One Thread

What is the island (in San Francisco) called that use (or still is??) to be the place where immigrants use to go to (like in New York...they have immigration place called Ellis Island...i know they have one in San Francisco but i don't know what the island is called).

-- Mel (, April 28, 1998


I believe it was Angel Island.

-- Ron Filion (, April 28, 1998.

Yep, it was Angel Island. If memory serves, you can find a bunch of stuff about it on the net. (My son did a report on California immigration in school last year. I know we found a bunch of stuff...)

-- Dorothy (, April 29, 1998.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ