insurance : LUSENET : MCK Virtual Clubhouse--Climbing : One Thread

Hi, my name is Karl, I'm 16, and I live in sweden. I'm going to live in Nairobi for ten months and I want to go rockclimbing. Now I wonder if there are any good insurance protection for climbers in kenya. Also I would like to know how I can find guides and people to climb with.

/Karl Theander

-- Karl Theander (, August 13, 2002



I guess you'll be taking out travel or health insurance while you are here, just make sure that it covers climbing and Mountaineering, most of them will if you ask. Also make sure it covers AMREF air ambulance costs.

Just come to the MCK on a Tuesday evening to find people to climb with.


-- Will (, August 14, 2002.

Dear Karl,

As a student you can also join the Mountain Club for a whole year at a vey reasonable rate (Kshs 600/- = USD 7.50 approximately). From there you are in on the climbing scene and can use MCK facilities (like the climbing wall, our own crag -Lukenya, etc.).

Check it out!

Cheers, Charles.

-- Charles Rethman (, October 09, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ