greenspun.com : LUSENET : EoP PhotoAds!!! : One Thread

Hi All,

I have obtained a piece of photography equipment from the 1930's- or so I'm told- I need to know what it is so I can price it and sell it. This is what it looks like: it stands about 7 feet tall, it has a pully running along the side of a tube, it stands on 4 feet with rollers, it has a part that extends from it that looks like a camera could be mounted on it, it's made from black wrought iron and metal and weighs several hundred pounds. I'm thinking that it was actually used in the early production of motion pictures because of the mount, the wheels. I'm having problems finding it in any type of book and not real sure how I would unload it at a fair price... if you can help- I would be greatly appreciative... thanks!!

-- J A Lucas (inphases@yahoo.com), May 30, 2001

Moderation questions? read the FAQ