More Mexico questionsgreenspun.com : LUSENET : Minna's List : One Thread
1. Would you like to stay 4 days or 7 days? A 7-day trip would cost $200-$300 more than a 4-day trip.
2. Would you like to stay somewhere that is bustling with activity or somewhere that is a bit calmer, less commercial?
3. Would you like your meals to be included? Most packages offer either 3 meals a day or none at all; very few offer just 1 or 2.
4. Is it important to you how nice the hotel is? (The brochures I'm looking at rate the hotels from 1 to 6, 6 being the nicest.) By "nice" I mean stuff like pools/jacuzzis, TVs, fitness centers, spas, etc.
-- Anonymous, April 07, 2001
Hmm... Yeah I think Cancun would be nice, but I have no problems going to any of the other three locations. I would prefer a 4-day trip definitely. I don't think we need our meals included in the package though because I think we'll be able to find our own good food somewhere.. :) Also, I think we should stay in a nice hotel. Like at least a 4. Hehe.
-- Anonymous, April 09, 2001
1. I'd prefer 4 days. I thought Mexico would be cheap, but that's really only if you visit places where there are no tourists and you don't do anything but fish or walk around. Plus a 4-day vacation would fit our schedules better.
2. Like Frances, I kind of like the idea of hanging out at Cozumel.
3. I don't think we'll have problems finding good food in Mexico.
4. The only time I want to spend in the hotel is at night when I'm sleeping. All I need is a bed and some AC. Of course, lack of luxury will be a problem for Princess Julia. :P
I'm trying to look for a good travel deal, but I could definitely use some help. Keep an eye out!
-- Anonymous, April 14, 2001
4. How about staying at a bed and breakfast? B&Bs are cheaper than hotels, and we could get good advice from the owners. The challenge, then, boils down to finding a good price on flights to Cozumel.
Here's a list of B&Bs I've found:
Hacienda San Miguel
Summer Place Inn
Villa Las Anclas
Villa del Carmen
-- Anonymous, April 15, 2001