Looking for floor grates

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Countryside : One Thread

I am looking for floor grates .In the upstairs of my house there are round holes cut in the floor which at some time must have had grates on them to let heat up .If anyone has some to sell or knows where to order them please let me know.

-- Patty (fodfarms@slic.com), December 14, 2000


You should be able to get the grates from Renovator's Supply. Their web site is: http://www.renovatorssupply.com/ Their telephone number for catalog requests and service is 1-800-659-2211

There are two of the grates in the family home I grew up in. I would love to have them, but the house now belongs to my sister-in-law. I'm afraid that someone will break in and steal them, but it is none of my business to interfere.

Most of the grates that were used, are real works of art.

-- Notforprint (Not@thekeyboard.com), December 14, 2000.

Also check out Antique Hardware & Home catalog - 800-422-9982.

-- Ken S. in WC TN (scharabo@aol.com), December 14, 2000.

When I was looking at wood stove listings on Ebay,I saw a floor grate listed.So,check there every so often to see what pops up.

-- sharon wt (wildflower@ekyol.com), December 14, 2000.

I found mine at Lowe's Building supply. 10' by 12" cast iron--25 bucks apiece ! They look like original equipment.

-- Joel Rosen (Joel681@webtv.net), December 15, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ