FROZEN FREDDYgreenspun.com : LUSENET : occasional planet : One Thread
It's time once again to freeze off yer noogies with a bunch of lunatics at the annual FROZEN FREDDY.
November 21 - 23, 1997 at the campground at Hanging Rock State Park.
Are ya goin'?
Here's the quick and easy directions
From the Greensboro, NC and points East
- Take I-40 Business East to the Hiway 66 exit at Kernersville.
- Travel North on 66 through Kernersville, then Walkertown
- In Walkertown pick up 311 North
- Continue of 311 North through Walnut Cove
- North of Walnut Cove you'll pick up Hiway 8 which you'll to follow through Danbury
- Just North of Danbury (about a mile) look for a left turn to Hanging Rock State Park (well marked with signs) and follow the signs into the park.
From Winston-Salem and point West
- Take I-40 East to 52 North
- Travel North on Hway 52 through Winston-Salem and exit at the Hiway 8/Germanton exit.
- Travel North on Hiway 8 through Germanton
- Just past downtown Germanton look for 8 to turn left abruptly.
- Continue North on Hway 8, picking up Hiway 89 along the way, through Danbury and then look for the left turn marked for Hanging Rock State Park.
Clear as mud, right?
-- Dale (email@example.com), November 04, 1997
Here's a MapQuest URL to help ya find Hanging Rock State Park. You should be able to use this to get that web site to create a set of customized driving directions.
Hanging Rock Park Lake map at www.MapQuest.com
-- Dale (firstname.lastname@example.org), November 04, 1997.